Skip to main content

PRAYER POINTS TO OVERCOME ANGER

PRAYER  POINTS TO OVERCOME ANGER
Ephesians 4:31-32; "Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

In the scripture above, Apostle Paul was admonishing the church in Ephesus to be free from all form of anger, slander, and malice among brethren. He encouraged them to forgive one another because unforgiveness hinders the power of God.

In the story of Moses, we read that he could not get into the promise land due to a simple disobedience and this disobedience to God was caused by anger. Anger can hinder the glory of God from manifesting in our lives, you can lose your salvation when your anger can't be controlled.

To some people, these weaknesses are inherited, to some others, they are strongholds built in their minds due to their environment while to another it's through association with friends or colleagues and these strongholds has limited them in all their struggles.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit, it was given to us as a helper to overcome these weaknesses. If you avail yourself to the Holy Spirit, he will help you get rid of anger, bitterness, slander, malice and unforgiveness. It will not disappear all at once but little by little as your faith keeps growing, the power of God will transform you into a better person.


SCRIPTURES
Psalm 51:10-12; "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation, and uphold me with thy free spirit."

Genesis 4:4-8; "And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him."

Ezekiel 36:26; "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh."

Ephesians 4:26-27; "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil."

Proverbs 19:11; "The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression."

James 1:19-20; "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God."

Ephesians 4:31-32; "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

Luke 6:35; "But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil."

Romans 12:21; "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

PRAYER POINTS
1) Loving Lord, I place that anger and bitterness that I often harbor in my heart at Your feet and pray that in Your grace You will expose all that is causing the bitter poison that is lodged within my heart and set me free from it in Jesus name!

2) O'Lord I confess all my anger and bitterness and know that when I allow this to surface in my heart it breaks the fellowship we have together.

3) Cast me not away from your presence O'Lord, take not thy Holy Spirit from me, restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew a right Spirit within me in Jesus name!

4) O'Lord forgive the outbursts of anger in my heart and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness, for which I praise Your name, examine me and root out all that is not pleasing in Your sight

5) Forgive me Lord for the pain my anger has caused so many people, yet I realize that my sin of anger is directed against You and it is against You alone that I have sinned in this way.

6) I pray that You will create in me a forgiving heart towards all those that have hurt me so deeply. And knowing that the Lord Jesus forgave me so many sins, I confess that I too should forgive others

7) Examine my heart Lord and root out all the bitterness and resentment that is so deeply rooted within me. Search the inner depth of my soul and expose all my suppressed hurt and resentment for it is only in You that I can be set free from the pain deep within me.

8) Oh Lord, forgive any areas of my life where I have been jealous, or angry and not forgiven.  Help me to walk in righteousness by Your grace, that I would be able to obey all You want for me to do.

9) Lord, help me to be as Joseph was in forgiving those even closest to him who desired to kill him.  Help me to love my enemies and to be good to those who hate me, and to pray for those who spitefully use me.

10) Father, Give me Your peace when that peace has been disrupted by the enemy's voice!  Help me to remember Your truth, when he comes to sow doubt in my heart.  Help me to remember, when others fail in their love for me, that Yours is never ending, and Your presence is always close to those who fear You.

11) Lord Help me to get still and listen for Your wisdom and comfort in every situation that brings turmoil to my heart.

12) Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this. I've been struggling with bitterness with a loved one. I know I've been called to forgive. It's been so hurtful I have to come to the cross again and again. 9-11 put the prayer of my soul into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay blessed, as I pray this prayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this, I have been struggling with anger issues for a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so bitter and worried that l have no sufficient grace to forgive those who have caused me so much pains even at this moment. My eyes are well up with tears. Oh God help me to forgive them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PRAYER POINTS FOR DIVINE PROTECTION

MID-FEBRUARY PRAYER AND FASTING (DAY 1) Divine protection comes from God, the maker of heaven and earth. Those who look elsewhere for divine protection have gone astray. This prayer of divine protection is bible based. It is a compilation of God’s promises in the scripture to serve as a protection for his children. For example, this is what the scripture says in Psalm 121:1-8: "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore." Are you in imminent danger?

PRAYER POINTS FOR DIVINE PROMOTION

Promotion is an advancement in rank or position. Everyone needs to desire promotion. It is a gift from God. Bible says in Psalm 75:6-7; "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another." As believers, we have to look unto God for our promotion not neglecting hard work, as promotion is a reward. However, due to high competition in the world today and in some fields of job or operations, some people are denied their rights to promotion but as you pray this prayer along, the God of justice will restore you or catapult you to your deserved/desired level in life. SCRIPTURES Psalm 75:6-7; "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another." Genesis 39:5; "And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, t

PRAYER FOR PULLING DOWN STRONGHOLDS

3-DAY END OF YEAR PRAYER AND FASTING (DAY 2). PRAYER POINTS Prayers, Declarations and Confessions Confess and repent of every sin in your life, and ask God to forgive you your trespasses. Also, ask God to forgive those who have sinned against you and claim your righteousness in Christ. Thank God for his protection. FASTING THEME: PULLING DOWN STRONGHOLD Reference Scripture: 2 Corinthians 10:4-5; "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; SCRIPTURE: Psalm 59:1 PRAYER POINTS: Lord separate me from all those and everything that is destroying my destiny in the name of the Lord Jesus SCRIPTURE: Philippians 4:6 PRAYER POINT: I command every stronghold of fear, worry and anxiety to be pulled down in your life. SCRIPTURE: James 1:20