Skip to main content

PRAYER POINTS FOR BREAKING BAD HABITS

MID-JANUARY GROUP PRAYER AND FASTING.(DAY 3)


PRAYER POINTS FOR BREAKING BAD HABITS

THE PEACE OF GOD WILL GUARD YOUR HEART.


Philippians 4:6-7; "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication 
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.(ESV)

Your heart is a very vital part of your body. Just like the heart is the center of operation of 
human life in respect to blood flow, so is the heart the center of the total personality in respect 
to feelings, intuition and emotion.

The heart is important to the devil just as the heart is important to God. When you worry, you 
expose your heart to vices of the devil, wrong thoughts, wrong emotions and wrong feelings finds a 
way into your heart and gives the devil a chance to operate in your life.

Bible says in Proverbs 4:23; "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your 
life.(NLT)

God's spirit lives in your heart, worry does not have a chance to stay there. Anytime you feel 
worried, refuse to get worried and pray, the peace of God in your heart will take over, Hallelujah!

BREAKING BAD HABITS

We all have habits, both good and bad. Anything you do without consciously thinking about it, or 
without deciding to do it, is a habit. Good habits or practices such as tidiness, courtesy, good manners etc. are a real blessing. But when the habits you've picked up are BAD or DESTRUCTIVE, and you find them hard or almost impossible to change, they are known as VICES.

It has been said that "The chains of bad habits are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to 
be broken!" EXCEPT by the Lord! And "A Habit is a cable; you weave a thread of it every day, and, at last, you cannot break it."--These are very true.

How many times have you tried to quit a bad habit, but found yourself almost powerless to get rid of 
it or stop doing it, no matter how much you tried to exert willpower against it. The fact is that, 
in one area or another, we are all weak and very human and fallible, and subject to many different 
problems which can turn into bad habits and vices.

The following scriptures and Prayer Points below will help in deliverance Prayer against bad habits.

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 34:4
PRAYER POINT: O' Lord, I call out to You now with my whole heart and ask You, by the power of Your Holy Spirit, to free me from the terrible grip that this bad habit has on my life! 

SCRIPTURE: 1 John 4:4; "Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the World."
PRAYER POINT: O' Lord, I know that You are greater than the Enemy and can help me overcome this bad habit! I command every satanic influence over my life, lose your hold in the mighty name of Jesus!

SCRIPTURE: Matthew 28:18; said; " `ALL power is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth" and  John 14:14; "if ye shall ask anything in My name, I WILL DO it!"
PRAYER POINT: I ask You right now, Jesus, to BREAK every hold the enemy has in my life and DESTROY the power of this bad habit! 
PRAYER POINT: I REBUKE the Devil and ALL of his influence, right NOW, in Jesus' name!

SCRIPTURE: Luke 10:19 
PRAYER POINT: I claim spiritual authority over the power of the enemy in my life right now! In the mighty name of Jesus

SCRIPTURE: James 4:7
PRAYER POINT: I RESIST you, Satan, in the Name of JESUS CHRIST! I BIND and REBUKE any hold you might have on my life, any power you might have over me, in the Name of JESUS!

SCRIPTURE: Jeremiah 33:3a "Call unto me, and I will answer thee.'
PRAYER POINT: O' Lord Jesus, I am crying out with all my heart for You to deliver me!--And I EXPECT a miracle! 

SCRIPTURE: Mathew 18:18 
PRAYER POINT: I bind the power of the enemy in the name of Jesus and I loose the grip he has on me and I cast him far away from me, never to return in Jesus name! 

I count it done! Thank you, Jesus! Thank You for setting me FREE! 

Help me now to take a stand of faith against the enemy's devices! Please give me the spiritual power 
to do what I can to resist temptation, and Stay free from these habits, in Jesus name! Amen!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! Today these empowering scriptures along with insightful
      Wording was liberating. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Through the above prayer point i experienced the raw power of God and i was set free from every grip of bad habits. In Jesus Mighty Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I led prayers for our youth today. One of the prayers that has been on my mind is the prayer against habits. I will be praying the above prayers for our children, youth and myself through out the week. Thank you for compiling these relevant prayers. We thank God already for answered prayers. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosamund Beazer

      Thank you so much Brother Copeland for compiling this very powerful package of scriptures and prayer points. I know this will help me to pray effectively against bad habits for myself , family and others. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much for compiling this prayer points. I will engage in fasting while I earnestly pray this prayers. Thank you once again. I know that I have overcome already

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so helpfu, the devil is in trouble right now.....I refuse to be a slave of Satan in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PRAYER POINTS FOR DIVINE PROTECTION

MID-FEBRUARY PRAYER AND FASTING (DAY 1) Divine protection comes from God, the maker of heaven and earth. Those who look elsewhere for divine protection have gone astray. This prayer of divine protection is bible based. It is a compilation of God’s promises in the scripture to serve as a protection for his children. For example, this is what the scripture says in Psalm 121:1-8: "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore." Are you in imminent danger?

PRAYER POINTS FOR DIVINE PROMOTION

Promotion is an advancement in rank or position. Everyone needs to desire promotion. It is a gift from God. Bible says in Psalm 75:6-7; "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another." As believers, we have to look unto God for our promotion not neglecting hard work, as promotion is a reward. However, due to high competition in the world today and in some fields of job or operations, some people are denied their rights to promotion but as you pray this prayer along, the God of justice will restore you or catapult you to your deserved/desired level in life. SCRIPTURES Psalm 75:6-7; "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another." Genesis 39:5; "And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, t

PRAYER FOR PULLING DOWN STRONGHOLDS

3-DAY END OF YEAR PRAYER AND FASTING (DAY 2). PRAYER POINTS Prayers, Declarations and Confessions Confess and repent of every sin in your life, and ask God to forgive you your trespasses. Also, ask God to forgive those who have sinned against you and claim your righteousness in Christ. Thank God for his protection. FASTING THEME: PULLING DOWN STRONGHOLD Reference Scripture: 2 Corinthians 10:4-5; "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; SCRIPTURE: Psalm 59:1 PRAYER POINTS: Lord separate me from all those and everything that is destroying my destiny in the name of the Lord Jesus SCRIPTURE: Philippians 4:6 PRAYER POINT: I command every stronghold of fear, worry and anxiety to be pulled down in your life. SCRIPTURE: James 1:20